Devolution Trust for Community Empowerment (DTCE) was established in July 2003 as a not for profit Organization registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) under section 42 of the Companies Ordinance 1984. DTCE has the following independent Board of Directors for oversight and policy approval with a Chief Executive Officer at the executive level. The current composition of the BoD is as follows:
1. Mr. Daniyal Aziz, Chairman Board of Directors and Former Chairman National Reconstruction Bureau
2. Begum Shahnaz Wazir Ali, Advisor to the Prime Minister on Social Sector
3. Dr. Abdul Hafeez Sheikh, Federal Minister Finance
4. Ms. Hina Rabanni Khar, Federal Minister of State for Finance and Economic Affairs
5. Dr. Nadeem-ul-Haque, Deputy Chairman Planning Commission
6. Mr. Omar Ayub Khan, Former Federal Minister of State for Finance
7. Ms. Neelofer Bakhtiar, Senator and former Federal Minister For Tourism
8. Mr. Farid Rehman, Former Finance Minister, NWFP
9. Sardar Wazir Ahmed Jogezai, Former Deputy Speaker National Assembly
All these individuals are member of the Board in their personal capacity.
The key cardinal principles governing the whole operations of the Company is to utilize the funds for the objective of the Company; ensure that the resources of the Company are utilized through a consultative and transparent process, involving the Members; provide assistance and support including financial, institutional, advisory and training to persons, government, local government, organizations, associations, individuals, community groups, parties, NGO’s or those who are eligible for such assistance in accordance with the eligibility criteria established in this regard by the Company; treat the income/monies of the Company, as a sacred trust and recognize that it is the prime responsibility of the Company to administer and manage resources of the Company with due diligence, and transparent fiduciary responsibility, in accordance with the purpose for which the Company has been established; ensure that, as far as possible, the Company’s operations are subject to sound financial and operational management principles, which facilitate access to the Company’s services by persons, government, local government, bodies, associations, community groups, parties and NGO’s in Pakistan and ensure that the resources and support of the Company are provided to government, local government, institutions, organizations, establishments, entities and persons which are deserving and worthy of such support with respect to their requirements and ability to utilize them and who meet the criterion set by the Company;
In discharging its duties and stewardship responsibility, the Board of Directors sets Vision and Mission of the Organization. The BoDs in conjunction with the CEO and management team has direct responsibility for the ongoing development of the strategic planning process and long-term goals. These plans and goals are reviewed and approved annually by the Board. The Board monitors on regular basis the success of management in implementing the approved strategies and plans.